Advocacy for Children


Who do we serve?

The ACL serves children up to age 21 that are eligible to attend school in either Boulder Valley School District or St. Vrain Valley School District.  Priority is given to families with a child with an intellectual or developmental disability. 

How Can we Help?

Advocacy for children can take many forms. Here are a few of the ways in which we might be able to help.

Exploring Your Options: Help finding and accessing public services, human service organizations, community resources and activities for children with disabilities.

Building Community Expertise: Group training and support for children with IDD, their families, their educators, and the community at large.  These programs may be geared towards learning differences, diversity awareness, social skills, development of healthy relationships, transition into adult services, and much more.

Planning for Your Child’s Future: Mentoring parents to advocate for their child’s needs using a strengths-based approach, including reviewing documents, providing information and clarification, discussing roles, and problem solving.

Working in the Schools:  Consulting with school personnel, facilitating difficult conversations and resolving differences between families and school personnel, and assisting in the development of Individual Education Plans. 

To schedule a consultation with one of our advocacy coordinators you will need to fill out our advocacy request form. You may either fill out our form online using the green button or, if you are uncomfortable sharing information online, you may download the form in English (click here) or Spanish (click here) and return it by email to or mail the form to ACL Boulder, 2770 Dagny Way, Suite 202, Lafayette CO 80026. 

 If you need help filling out the form or with our intake process, please call 303-527-0888 for assistance. 

After we receive your request, someone from the ACL will reach out to you to schedule the appointment.  We will also request any documentation that might help us prepare for our meeting with you.  This would normally include copies of your child's current IEP or 504, recent evaluations, and/or progress reports.